This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area, seek Teaching Assistants that are thoughtful and committed elementary school educators who are energized by a warm, collaborative environment. Teaching Assistants are expected to work with a lead teacher to implement a high-quality, rigorous and engaging academic program. This position begins immediately for in person teaching.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children in elementary school in a General Studies and/or Judaic Studies classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree or on-track to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates with long-term teaching interest and those pursuing teaching credentials are preferred, but not required.
More about this role…
- Support the lead teacher in creating an in-person and/or online classroom environment that encourages learning.
- Perform various instructional and classroom management duties to support a positive learning environment.
- Assist teacher with behavior management strategies to ensure a suitable learning environment is established, both in the classroom (online or in-person) and on school grounds (recess and lunchtime).
- Help to create and maintain a functional and attractive learning environment through multimodal displays, bulletin boards, and high-interest centers.
- Cooperate with other professionals to help students solve academic, social, emotional, and spiritual challenges.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the working day.
- Collaborate with grade-level staff; implementing an educational program that meets the learning needs of all students.