This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, CA seeks a full-time Middle School World History Teacher starting August, 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- At least three years of history teaching (or related)
- Experience and a B.A./B.S. in a relevant field (Masters Degree preferred).
More about this role…
- Exhibit a love and energy for learning and working alongside middle school students
- Cultivate an inclusive, challenging, and equitable learning environment that reflects the school’s core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive
- Have demonstrated scholarship in at least one of the following fields: ancient civilizations, world religions, non-Western cultures
- Have shown a commitment to and competence for creative history pedagogy with instruction that values a hands-on, collaborative, project-based curriculum & methodology
- Be committed to the teaching of foundational historical thinking, analysis, reading, and writing principles through culturally-responsive practices
- Enthusiastically collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative and meaningful curriculum and programming
- Integrate technology in effective ways that enhance students’ learning experiences and growth
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional growth, leadership, and community building
- Serve as an advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students
- Bring unique skills to contribute to our multifaceted community outside of the classroom (e.g. coaching, sponsoring a club, leading a global trip, speaking multiple languages, etc.)