This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Oakland Area, CA is seeking a committed, collaborative, and passionate Learning Specialist (PK-3).
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s degree in education, special education, or educational therapy
- Minimum of three years’ experience in elementary education
- Experience using neuropsychological evaluations, IEPs, and related educational assessment tools to assist with interpreting scores, implementing accommodations, allocating resources, and helping teachers and families understand their students’ learning needs
More about this role…
- Excellent writing, communication, and teamwork skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and exhibit technical/computer skills as required for job performance
- Demonstrate an interest in staying current on education and LD research and best practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing student data with confidentiality
- Fluency in English and Spanish highly preferred.