This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Greater Seattle Area is seeking an enthusiastic, warm, culturally competent, and creative Primary Division Counselor to support the mental health and well being of preschool through 3rd graders. The counselor also supports students and families with social/emotional learning, cultural awareness, and executive functioning skills. The counselor must have a high degree of cultural competence in order to meet the needs of all students while intentionally meeting the needs of students from historically underrepresented identity groups.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Masters degree in school counseling or related field;
- Experience working as a full-time school counselor for two or more years;
- Experience working with early childhood and/or elementary students;
- High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated success in working with people from diverse backgrounds;
More about this role…
- Have a high degree of professional discretion and confidentiality;
- Strong commitment to building of relationships with others;
- Ability to remain calm in highly stressful and emotional situations;
- Communicates effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing;
- Has clear boundaries;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience building and implementing SEL curriculum;
- Experience working within teams in multiple departments of an organization.