This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Greater Seattle Area is seeking a creative, collaborative, strategic, culturally competent Director of Curriculum and Instruction to oversee the art of teaching and learning. The director of curriculum and instruction will oversee a student-centered approach to instruction that emphasizes opportunity for creativity and curiosity for highly capable learners.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree, preferred);
- Have a minimum of three to five years of teaching experience, preferably in the PS-8th grade years;
- A minimum of two years of instructional coaching experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the development of and documentation of curriculum across grade levels;
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional practices best suited to the rage of PS-8th is preferred
More about this role…
- Have demonstrated cultural competence skills that allows them to successfully collaborate across diverse cultures and backgrounds and can build relationships and trust with all faculty and staff;
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan strategically, use data to inform decision making and develop research-driven strategies followed by successful implementation;
- Have a high level of analytical and organizational skills;
- Have a proven track record of efficient project management, including initiating and completing multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively as required, supervising personnel, and managing budgets;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse community of children and adults internally and externally, both verbally and in writing;
- Be open to direction and feedback;
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments and deadlines;
- Have the ability to work under the pressure of frequent deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Comfortable working remotely using Google and Zoom and can create and lead online meetings and virtual tours;
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds; can stand for long periods of time, walk and climb stairs; can sit and work in front of computer screens and talk on telephone for long periods of time; able to use hands for repetitive tasks such as typing.