This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Greater Seattle Area is seeking a committed, collaborative, and passionate Spanish Teacher.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A bachelor’s degree in Spanish, Latin American studies, or related field;
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates must be experienced with the developmental needs of 6 to 10 year old children and have experience implementing Spanish curriculum.
More about this role…
- The Spanish teacher will be a member of the middle school faculty and report to the Lower School Head.
- This position is ideal for the dynamic and knowledgeable teacher who has experience designing and implementing middle school Spanish curriculum.
- The teacher will need to plan and design daily instructional activities for all students and develop multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis.
- Teacher responsibilities also include being an Advisor to mixed grade level students, participation in class outings and overnight trips as well as attendance at faculty and department/grade level meetings.