This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Los Angeles, California is seeking a Middle School Science Teacher. This is a full-time opening beginning in the 2021-22 school year.
- Degree (BA or MA) from a college or university in education with a mathematics, science, or engineering endorsement or a degree (BS or MS) in mathematics, science or engineering with a valid teaching credential
- Minimum of three years of middle school and/or high school teaching experience preferred
- Possess a strong background in middle school integrated science curriculum including but not limited to: Earth Science, application of the scientific method, analyzing data, and promoting inquiry based learning
- Provide standards-based, structured project-based learning opportunities that interconnect STEM subjects
- Experience in planning and implementing an engaging, integrated curriculum
- Pedagogical knowledge of differentiated instruction to offer varied paths to different levels of math achievement based on student skill level, learning style, and motivation among other factors
- Blend of traditional and innovative methodologies
- Technological proficiency and preferably experience using iPads
More about this role…
Successful candidates should expect to participate in a curriculum that reaches far beyond content and processing skills, with a focus on character, community and, service. The ideal candidate will make authentic and meaningful contributions to the school community outside the classroom.
Noting the uncertainties that come with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is worth mentioning that the school does not know exactly what structure the 2021-2022 school year will have, but they are looking for a candidate who is willing to teach in-person classes if needed.